Integration / Mastering Skills / Achievement / Guidance / Enhancement
IMAGE - Integration / Mastering Skills / Achievement / Guidance / Enhancement
Funded by The Department of Ageing, Disability & Homecare.
Image provides supported accommodation in a home like environment for adults with Intellectual and physical disabilities who have medium to high support needs.
Criteria For Entry
- Individuals must be over the age of 18 years, have a disability with moderate to high support needs. That disability may include intellectual, psychiatric, sensory or physical impairment.
- They must receive a disability support pension and be able to access funds to provide a service eg a person who receives a funding package, service provision money from a government department or displays the ability to self fund.
- The service must be the least restrictive option available to the consumer.
- The individual has identified the need for accommodation including enhancement of independent living skills and personal development.
- The individual, due to the nature of their disability is unlikely to be capable of independent living in the community in the short to medium term.
- Must have ageing carers (over 65 yr old). Parents are getting to the stage where it is difficult or impossible for them to continue caring for the consumer.