Disability Support Workers
Port Macquarie and Kempsey
CASUAL REF NO: 17/13
Centacare, Port Macquarie and Kempsey require suitably qualified and experienced Disability Support Workers. The primary purpose of these positions is to provide at home and community support for disabled people through the provision of a whole of life support program, with a focus on promoting the client’s community participation and enablement of their independence.
Duties include the implementation of individual action plans in a manner which is client centred, and respects the dignity, privacy and individuality of clients in line with the provisions of the Disability Service Act and Standards. Programs are Government funded. In fulfilling this purpose the incumbent is required to be familiar with, support and act in accordance with the Parish Vision and Mission as they relate to this position.
· A Commitment to adhere to Values and Principles of Catholic Social Teaching
· Principles and commitment to working within Code of Conduct & Ethics
· Positive and inclusive attitude towards and experience of working with people with a disability
· Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support, Assistant in Nursing or Disability Support Work
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Experience providing high quality personal care, including showering and toileting
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team
· Ability to work independently and professionally and to follow agency guidelines
· Knowledge of EEO and WHS principles
· Competency and accuracy in computer skills as well as report writing skills
· Available to work night shifts, early mornings and weekends
· Current NSW drivers licence
· Registered and insured motor vehicle - Desirable
· 3 or more years’ experience providing direct care in either an aged care or disability service setting
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 3.2.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and on the basis of qualifications and experience. Applicants will need to attend an interview and will also be required to undergo employment screening. Successful applicants will be notified directly.
Applicants can obtain the required Application Package and more detailed information at www.stagnesparish.org.au. You can also contact Human Resources by calling 6588 7444.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Applications quoting the relevant reference number, should be addressed to the Human Resources Adviser, St Agnes’ Parish Administration Centre, by post to PO BOX 1736, Port Macquarie NSW 2444, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 6 March 2017