Parish Work Health Safety Coordinator
PARISH WORK HEALTH &
PART TIME 60.8 HOURS PER FORTNIGHT (8 days/fortnight) REF NO: 17/07
St Agnes’ Parish is dynamic a not-for-profit organisation located in idyllic Port Macquarie. The Parish employs more than 800 staff who serve the local Hastings/Macleay community in aged care, community welfare, early childhood services and education.
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified professional to advise, guide and encourage St Agnes’ Parish to achieve our work, health and safety (WHS) obligations to look after our employees in the workplace. The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide advice and expertise relating to all aspects of WHS legislation, codes of practice and industry best practice, and will be able to develop and coordinate the implementation of a consistent approach to WHS risk management across St Agnes’ Parish service areas.
· Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic values and principles
· Ability to work with a ‘Person-Centred’ philosophy
· Bachelor degree in Work Health and Safety (WHS) or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working as WHS manager within a large organisation
· Working knowledge of WHS legislation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High level of analytical problem solving and investigative skills
· Ability to influence others and provide leadership and guidance
· Current NSW Drivers licence
· Cert IV Training & Assessment certificate – desirable
· Knowledge & experience in worker’s compensation and return to work management – desirable
· Experience in health, aged care or related field – desirable
The salary and conditions will be negotiated in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee on the basis of qualifications and experience. Applicants will need to avail themselves to attend an interview and are also required to undergo employment screening. Successful applicants will be notified directly.
HOW TO APPLY
Please obtain the required Application Pack by contacting Human Resources: call (02) 6588-7444, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download the pack from our website: www.stagnesparish.org.au. All applicants must address the selection criteria listed above.
Applications quoting the Reference Number, should be addressed to the Human Resources Adviser, St Agnes Parish Administration Centre, and posted to PO BOX 1736, Port Macquarie NSW 2444, or emailed to: email@example.com.