Community Support Worker
SOCIAL & COMMUNITY
CASUAL, REF NO: 17/25
Centacare is the official welfare organisation of St Agnes Parish, providing services in Disability, Mental Health, Employment, Family, Youth and Housing. The IMAGE group home, a part of Centacare, offers supported accommodation for adults with intellectual and physical disabilities that have medium to high support needs. Centacare, Port Macquarie requires a suitably qualified and experienced Social and Community Services Employee responsible for providing assistance with essential activities of daily living including; personal care, domestic assistance, community access, access to specialist services, behaviour and medication management. In fulfilling this purpose the incumbent is required to be familiar with, support and act in accordance with, the Parish Vision and Mission as they relate to this position.
· Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support, Assistant in Nursing or Disability Support Work
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Drivers’ Licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility to work a range of morning, afternoon and night shifts
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and on the basis of qualifications, experience, performance and demonstrated skills in the workplace. Applicants will need to attend an interview and may also be required to undergo employment screening. Successful applicants will be notified directly.