As you begin preparations to have your child baptised, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Parish community of St Agnes’ Port Macquarie.
There are certain requirements that must be fulfilled when having your child baptised in the Catholic Church. For your convenience I have outlined the necessary requirements that must be adhered to:
- After attending the baptism information night, a parent is required to visit the Presbytery Office in person (between the hours of 8.30am – 4.30pm), to make a booking for their child.
- To take a booking the office requires Godparents names (and correct spelling), to be able to process the booking. Please do not proceed to try and book your child in without this information.
- To abide with Canon Law there is to be only two Godparents. Godparents must be over 16 years of age, Preferably both Godparents to be Catholic, however you can have one Catholic with the other Godparent to be a baptised Christian.
- The office will make all possible attempts to accommodate the Sunday morning of choice but are limited to a maximum of five children per weekend. Therefore the more notice you give, the more likely you are to get the weekend of your choice.
- Baptism Ceremonies take place on a Sunday at 10.00am in St Agnes Church.
As you embark on this very special faith journey with your child, I offer my sincere warm wishes and blessings.
Fr L.F. Donnelly